Ways to Recover From the Penguin Update
Author (Sam Kent).
Submitted on Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Penguin has caused quite a stir online and has been the number one reason of massive outcry in the internet. It caused a huge impact on SERPs of numerous websites and although Penguin is penalising websites that are using web-spam tactics, many innocent bystanders got hit - sending a wave of panic throughout the web.
Fortunately you still can reverse the damage and win back your rankings. Here are the things you should do.
- Do not litter irrelevant keywords in your web pages. Whether it is in your content or in your meta tags, get them off your pages.
- Under any circumstances, do not use cloaking. Do not present search engines and your users with different pages. When Google finds out you are doing this, it will be very difficult to win its trust back. So do not do it. Also, avoid using hidden text or links.
- Penguin is on the hunt of websites that are over optimising their pages. This means that if you got severely hit by this update, your pages are using the same keyword in too many instances as well as linking to that page for the same keyword or key phrase. So go ahead and do a webpage makeover. It is still a lot cheaper than being put out of business by Google for a long period of time. Moreover, be sure that there are no low quality links pointing to your site. Penguin does not like this either.
- Generate fresh, quality, unique and relevant articles. Since its inception, Google is always drawn to informative and engaging content that in turn they can offer to their users. Remember the old adage "what is good for Google clients (its users) is also good for you?" that still pretty much counts.
- It is time to become less dependent on Google in getting organic traffic. Google is just one marketing option so why limit yourself, right? Besides Google does not owe you a living and therefore will not consult you first before pushing through an algorithm update. So it is only logical to find other avenues that can help you increase website traffic and conversation rate.
- And that is through social media. Not only can you gain traffic but by exerting more effort in these platforms, you can strengthen your social signal which can increase your relevancy of which Google likes so much.
- Last but not the least, try to gain links form your niche especially from highly authoritative sites. Because according to Google, if you establish yourself in your niche, your products or services as well as what you are saying in your website is true and highly relevant.
In this age and technology, change is inevitable. To stay relevant, you need to adapt and ride on with the waves. To increase your chances of getting back on track, call one of the leading internet marketers today, Succinct Ideas and discuss your needs and requirements.
Dial (08) 8278 6545 / 0409 507 920 or visit http://www.succinctideas.com.au
About the Author
I am Sam Kent, a freelance writer and I love to see how SEO specialists work and what kind of SEO services they can offer to put a certain business website into the first page of all major search engines.
Rating: Not yet rated
No comments posted.
More articles in this Category
1: Tips for Selecting the Best Luxury Real Estate Agent
2: The Benefits of Customized Paint Booths
3: Get Anticipative Justice After Losing Your Loved Ones With Reno Wrongful Death Attorney
4: Install Active Fire Safety Equipments
5: Pompano Metal Recycling process